Tuesday 20 October 2020

Halloween Sentence Starters

Today in class, we wrote Halloween Story starters. Here is my writing...

~Story Starters~

1. I take a deep breath, then I blow out. The candle light dies and I snuggle into soft, cuddly blankets. Hours later I wake up,

there is a light in the room the candle is flickering, but how? I blew it out hours before.

2. I wake to a deadly, and worrying silence, I climb out of bed and open my curtains as I draw them back I look outside the streets are empty, no cars, no people going for a morning jog, no people walking their dogs… then I realize that…

3. Cuddled on the couch with my purring cat, the fire burning, the clock ticking, I spend hours with my nose in a book. BANG!!!!! The kitchen roof collapses and my cat springs in the air…

4. A beautiful sunny day, your family decided have a picnic. Later that evening you and your family are sitting at the top of a hill, watching the sunset enjoying a picnic dinner. As you relaxing you here a huge crumbling sound… the bank is collapsing under your feet…

5. I wake up, and start my morning routine as usual turn the kettle on, go to the bathroom, take let the dog out. I come back to the kitchen theirs paint splattered all over the floor. But how, everyone is sleeping? (this actully happened to my Mum when she woke up one morning!!! We have a friendly ghost in your house, but our house is over 100 years old)




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am shone from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your writing
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    shone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Shone,
      Thanks for the feedback,
      Yes, I will visit your blog straight after this!!
      Stay safe,
      Hayley! :D

      Delete
  2. Kia ora. I am Francesca from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your descriptive language, it was powerful and made your sentences.
    I learnt that your class was writing Halloween Story Starters.
    Are you going to be writing a Halloween story, you could use your sentence starters and your story.
    Please visit my blog here
    Mā te wā
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora,
      Thanks for the feedback!!
      Yes, maybe I could do a bit of writing using our story starters. Yes, I will look at your blog later, after I do this comment!
      Thanks,
      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley! :D

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about