Friday 22 November 2019

AG Day 2019

A couple of weeks ago, our school held AG day. On AG day we bring animals, this year I took my 3 legged dog, Cindy, my baby twin goats Nutmeg & Sugar and my lamb Lulu (I wheeled Lulu around in my vintage pram.) My brother brought our other dog Pepper or Pip for short, and one of our other goats named Coco, who we hand raised as a wild goat. When Dad went hunting he came back with a baby goat! But, we didn't mind because we have a small goat farm so she was just another goat for the collection. She was even lucky enough to live inside for a while. This year at our school AG day we had a couple of home school children bring there animals along and join in with some fun.

We also had the challenge to create plant holders and wind chimes. We made sand saucers in class, and brought flowers from our gardens at home to decorate them. I had fun creating our sand saucers because I liked making all of the lovely symmetrical patterns, I used Roses, Daises, Corn flowers, Alison flower & more! I went home a very happy girl, as I had been awarded 2nd for best led lamb even though I pushed it around in a old pram and 2nd for best dressed animal. My brother didn't get any awards in the pet ring but he did get a place in the wind chimes and planters. I'm sure he still enjoyed his day though! Overall I had a great day, and can't wait for next years AG day.

Afterwards we did some sporting activities with Sports Gisborne. We firstly had get into groups, then we started our first activity, which was "How many people can fit into one sack" then we did the egg on spoon slippery slide race this is where you have to ... get a big mat and put lots of water and soap on then run with an egg on a spoon, it's very fun! We played Tug A War too! The next activity was how much water can you get into a bucket here's how you play - first we had to get into a long line with about an arms space between each other, at each end you have a bucket of water the aim of the game is for the first person in the line to soak up all of the water that they can get into the sponge. Then carefully throw the sponge along the line until it gets to the end person the end person then needs to ring out the sponge into a empty bucket then that person need to run to the start and go over and over again until the bucket is full of water. This activity made me a little wet, but I didn't mind because it was a hot day. Have you tried any of these games before? 
                                    Here is one of the home school students with her ducklings
                                             Phoebe & her dog dressed up as bee keepers!
                                         Another home school student with her unicorn lamb
                                     Me & Cindy look like we've just come out from the shower
                                          My brother & goat Coco are builders in this pic!
                                                  Here are the local bee keepers again!
                                              Home school student and her goat Giggles
                                                Some of the AMAZING!! sand saucers
                                              My friend Sophia & her friendly lamb Zoe!
                                           My parents & brother with some of our animals!
                                                Home school student with her baby goat
                                                                Best dressed category!
                                                         Charlie & his egg on the spoon
Tug A War with Kate from Sports Gisborne

1 comment:

  1. Does your school have AG day or celebrate an event every year?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about