Friday 21 February 2020

Sunny, Sunflowers!

Mrs Fisher, a teacher at my school who teaches year 1's & 2's planted some Sunflower seeds around our school with her class. Over the past couple of weeks they have bloomed into bright yellow healthy flowers. Mrs Bennett, my teacher took my class out to take pictures, pencil sketches and write down ideas and details about them. After we had done the planning we came back to our classroom and painted them, for my sunflower it took a couple of coats of paint to get the perfect brightness of yellow. After we had painted them I added some details with pastel. We got the option of using dye, watercolour or paint for our background, I chose to paint my background with dye. Here (above) is my work. We also did a small piece of writing with our art which I will be creating another blog post about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about