Tuesday 18 February 2020

Whanau Art

In class we made Whanau Art. We started with a white blank piece of paper and drew Koru's (a Maori Carving) to represent a family member. I chose to draw my Grandpa, Nan, Dad, Mum, 
My brother and I. After we had finished drawing with chalk we filled in the background and Koru's will pastel (NOT going over the chalk or leaving any white spaces). We them grabbed some black dye and a paint brush and went over the whole drawing and . . . Ta Da our final project!!!! 
What do you think? Have you ever tried this or another Technic??

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,
    Your family sounds very cool and adventurous. I love the art you have done its incredible.
    Ma te wa Rylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Rylee,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog post! And Thanks for saying that my art is incredible. You should leave a link to your blog so I can check out our art too!!!
      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about