Wednesday 26 August 2020

Woodwork Tech

This week we finished creating our stools with Peter Roberts (our woodwork teacher) Today we finished adding in some small cuts of wooden dowel and staining the wood. We had 9 weeks to start and finish the stool. Each stool stands at around 25.5cm deep by 30cm wide. It has been a big learning curve because each year we have a rotation and we learn something different and create something new so we learnt some different skills. So making a stool was a little more complicated then making a paper weight (what we made last year). The skills we practised or used to make our stool were... Sawing, sanding, staining the wood, glued, measured and drilling. My main highlights were challenging myself and getting to use the stool knowing that we made them. Overall, I had a great time working in the woodwork room and I am sure the other year 7's did too! Next term we are rotating to Cooking with Mrs Bennett. 
Left: Duncan       Left Middle: Me              Middle Right: Jaimee        Right: Rylee 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Hayley
    I like this post because it is very descriptive on all the different skills we learnt. If I could give you any tips for this it would be to make the word size a bit bigger as it is a bit hard to read. I also really enjoyed this.
    Jaimee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley I´m Troy from Ahipara school. I really like your woodwork creation. Woodwork has been my favorite subject. Maybe next time you could tell us what you made. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi that looks so cool what would you use it for from Maia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I like your woodwork I would love to know what the hole in the middle is but other than that it is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about