Monday 6 September 2021

Boy Overboard animation

 On my last blog post I mentioned that the we had a series of tasks to complete about our class novel, Boy Overboard. Here is the animation I created using Google Slides, the and Explore tool. I choose the scene from the book when Bibi, Jamal's younger sister kicks the soccer ball, landing near a tank, and then standing on a landmine. I couldn't even image standing on a land mine! Luckily the mine was just a old dud and Bibi was safe. Overall, I used 120 slides to create the animation...here is my work! You can also use the arrow keys down the bottom of the slide to make the animation go faster. Have you ever created an animation? 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work Hayley.
    Did you enjoy creating this animation? The snippet of the novel you recreated really sticks in my mind too as it really highlighted the dangerous environment in which our characters played, dodging tanks and landmines with their soccer ball! Imagine the freedom when they eventually play soccer in a safe country like Australia!
    Bye for now
    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Bennett,
      Thanks for the feedback, I did enjoy creating the animation as we got to be very creative with what part of the novel we choose to recreate in our animation, and how we got to envision what the scenario would e like. Once again, thanks, I hope you are doing well and staying safe.

      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about