Monday 6 September 2021

Jabberwocky

This weeks poem of the week was to read "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll. Once we finished reading the poem we were asked to create a digital collage of one of the fanciful characters.  Polyline, cropping, the explore tool and remove background on Google Drawings were my main tools to create the Jabberwock (the Dragon) from the poem. 

To create the background I used a light green felt texture for the grass and denim blue for the sky. I fitted the patterns to size of the drawing. I searched for two different green fabrics on the explore tool, and cropped them into a cloud shape to use as the leaves of the Tumtum tree. I then used poly line to do the trunk and branches of the tree and coloured the shape a dark brown. I decided to incorporate the Tumtum tree as its an iconic tree from the Jabberwocky poem. 

For the actual dragon I used Polyline, the explore tool and Remove bg. I started with inserting two golf balls of the eyes/eye sockets, then used two wheel rims for the pupils, two light green plates/bowls for behind the eyes, frog legs for the arms and legs of the dragon, and rabbit teeth for the mouth as the inspiration I used from google had large teeth, pointed outwards teeth. I also used a large green wing for the dragons wings. A green hay bale for the dragons body, and a yellow circle on top of that for the stomach. Overall the creature/dragon looks quite weird, and its defiantly not my best creation, however I did have some fun, inserting images and creating it. 

These are the two reference photos I used to create the image. And my final result.

(Above reference images and below is my picture)





\

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley
    What a great explanation around how you approached this task and the different digital tools you used to create your art work. I love the creativity you have shown, particularly with the eyes and the hay bale body.
    I am pleased you included the 'TumTum Tree'. When I read the poem aloud I always enjoy saying that line!
    Excellent working completing this task HAyley.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about