Friday 3 September 2021

Poetry collection

Through out the year, especially in term 2 and 3, we started writing and creating a collection and wide variety of poems. Poems we have written so far, have been, Sound poems, Diamante, Acrostic, Limerick, Haiku, Alphabet, Cinquain, and Colour poems. My favourite have probably been the Limerick, or Acrostic poem, as you can be very creative (not to say that you can't be creative with the others) But I find that its easier to write, and that I feel I can create a better poem. My least favourite is Haiku poems, as its quite short, and you have to stay between 5 and 7 syllables. However I love learning new ways of learning, like learning a new structure/type of poem. 

After writing the each poem, we transferred, if we hadn't already written the poem straight onto a Google Slide. Added a picture/background and repeated that for every poem so we could end up with a collection like this..


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley
    Your poetry collection is looking fantastic. I love the images to accompany each of the slides...I think my favourites are your colour poem and diamante poem. Do you have a favourite?
    The next step was to read the poem out loud using the mote tool and to insert the audio onto each slide. Do you remember trying this in the classroom?
    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Bennett,
      Thanks for the feedback, I'm not exactly sure what ones are my favourite, but I did very much enjoy writing the Limerick, as you got to be very creative with where the poem went. I do remember how to use the mote tool, I will add motes to the slides as soon as I can, thanks!

      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about