Wednesday 25 September 2019

Sizzle, Pop, Crackle Cooking!

Every Wednesday in the afternoons our class goes to either cooking, sewing or woodwork TECH. We rotate to a different TECH each term, this term I was in cooking with the other year 6's in my class along with with my teacher . . . Mrs Bennett! This term, we have so far created . . . Cinnamon scrolls, sausage rolls, pizza, Louise slice, Winter pesto tomato sauce pasta, Crunchy Lemon muffins, Double chocolate muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, Potatoe curry with chapatis, corn and bacon fritters and bread-based pies, Banana Choc-chip pancakes and Nachos. I find it interesting and fun learning new skills like knife skills/cutting skills, baking, pancake-flipping skills ovens skills and using the elements . . . I find that the recipes are sometimes really different from what we cook at home as a family. Here are some videos and photo's of me at TECH!
                                                            Here is us making Curry!
Here we made sausage rolls 

                                                                   Pancake-Flipping
At sewing TECH with Anne Tohill, we had to pass our sewing licence along with making a stuffed toy the girls made bunnies and the boys made monkeys. I made a pink bunny with white and gold spots! It's so cute. When we go back to sewing next term we will be finishing off our moccasins. Here is a picture of my bunny and I . . .

I hope you enjoyed reading my latest blog post!
Ma Te Wa,
Hayley :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about