Thursday 21 May 2020

Skipping

As a focus for this term for P.E  with Mrs Allan, we are doing skipping. We are all at completely different levels, with some just learning how to skip, and others trying to attempt double dutch. I feel I'm doing okay with it, and today have learnt how to time it so I can jump in and out while the rope is going instead of having to stop the rope. This also ties into our decade study, as when quite a few of our parents were young, they would spend their lunch times skipping. Where as these days we do a variety of things during our lunchtimes, I for example play sport. Do you ever skip? I look forwards to progressing this term and by the end will hopefully be starting to double dutch and if not will be a confident skipper.








3 comments:

  1. Hi HAyley,
    I found it hard to get the timing right as well. It was pretty fun in the end. Next time I am going to try jumping out not jumping in. I need a bit more practise for that. I think that it is great that you added a photo to create a great example. Well done Hayley.
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,Hayley
    I also found it had to get the timing right to go out of the skipping rope when it was still going, as you probably noticed I could not get out. I think you did really well skipping.
    Jaimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hayley,
    I love the way by the end of our skipping last week you had a big smile and were eager for your turn again. Looking forward to skipping again and seeing what can be achieved today!

    Mrs Allan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about