Friday 5 June 2020

How Yeast Works...

Today with our cyber smart teacher, Mrs Torrie, we learnt how to make a GIF using Google Slides and Tall Tweets. I didn't really find any of it hard, but I did have a lot of fun making and creating the GIF. 

We got the idea from a science experiment we recently did in class. The experiment was about yeast, we got 4 bottles, 4 sachets of yeast, hot water, cold water, sugar and 4 balloons. We made a bottle of cold water at 18 degrees, a tepid bottle of water at 32 degrees, a very warm bottle of water at 39 degrees and a really hot bottle of water at 51 degrees. 

We then added the sugar and yeast to each bottle and added a balloon on top then we left the experiment to see which bottle would produce the most gas. It turned out that the 39 degrees bottle worked the best and produced the most gas. So, that's is how we got the idea. We also used this GIF idea to show how good our understanding of yeast was. Here is my GIF...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley,
    Great work yours looks so realistic and smooth. I really like how you didn't add any text because you explained everything so well with pictures. I think I could look at this without knowing what to do and know how by watching this. - sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sophia,
      Thanks for you feedback! I am glad you can understand without text. Thanks once again!
      Hayley :D

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,
    I really like the way you have got images that show clearly what you did in your GIF - especially the gas rising into the ballon.
    Your explanation of the experiment and the water temperature that worked the best.
    Is there any other class work that would be effectively explained in a GIF?
    Mā te wā
    Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Torrie,
      Thanks for the feedback! Maybe another topic we could create a GIF about is Mould day by day growing or something like that because our main focus in class is Fungi, Yeast and mould.
      Thanks once again for the feedback!
      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley :D

      Delete
  3. Hi There,
    That is a very good presentation I love how it explains evrything.
    You cound do a backround and make it a bit slower.

    Regards Ruby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby,
      Thanks for the feedback! Have you ever created a GIF? Do you have a Cybersmart teacher? I love your suggestion of having a background and making it a little slower, however I made the GIF using a website called "Tall Tweets" and I made my GIF as slow as I could possibly make it. And I didn't create a background because I quite liked it simple and plain because I didn't want the background to take away the main Images. Thanks for the feedback and great suggestions!
      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley :D

      Delete
  4. Hi I am Maddison I really like How you explained yeast works. Its good how you made a cool animation of how it all work. Great job Hayley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddison!
      Thanks for the feedback! Have you ever created a GIF or an Animation?
      Thanks for commenting on my blog post!
      Hayley :D

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about