Sunday 27 December 2020

Summer Haiku

Today, I chose to complete a quick writing task from the Summer Learning Journey, all about writing poems! But not just any poems, Haiku's! A Haiku, incase your unsure, is a poem constructed of 3 lines, the first line has 5 syllables, followed by the middle line which includes 7 syllables and the last line once again made of 5 syllables. I have written a few Haiku's before at school, have you ever written a Haiku? However, the poem couldn't just be about anything, we had to write them around, Summer! Have you been enjoying your Summer? 

When I think of Summer I think of LOTS of things, but I'm not going to list them because when if I started I wouldn't be able to stop, although, 1 of the main things I think of is the river or going to the beach. So, I decided to write mine about the beach. Here is my Summer Haiku, (well I wrote a few, not just one!) Here they are...

(Sorry, in the image above I have made a small spelling error and I don't have the original to change it, 'shells' is supposed to be 'shell', thanks!)



I hope you like my Summer Haiku's! Enjoy the rest of your Summer holidays and be safe! What do you like to do the most in the holidays?




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,

    Great work creating haiku poems all about summer! You have written very descriptive poems and selected pictures of beautiful shells and a gorgeous looking beach to bring life to your poems - ka pai!

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post about this activity and learning that you have written haiku poems at school before. I think haiku poems are so fun to create - I really enjoy working out if I have the correct number of syllables on each line.

    Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui kia koe Hayley,

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Fiona,

      Thanks for the feedback! I can relate! I really like working out the correct number of syllables on each line too, it's fun!
      I hope you have a good Summer holidays and a very Happy New Year!

      Mā te wā
      Hayley

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hailey. I am Kylah from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your Haiku poems.
    I learnt that it had to be about summer.
    Please visit my blog
    here
    Mā te wā
    Kylah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kylah,
      Thanks for the feedback! It's 'Hayley' by the way, but that's okay, I don't mind! Thanks again for your kind comment! I would love to check your blog!

      Enjoy your holidays!
      Be safe, and Happy New Year!

      Mā te wā
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about