Sunday 27 December 2020

Rise Up!

Recently, the Summer Learning Journey featured a task called 'Rise Up'. For this activity we had to write our very own song chorus. We started off by listening to an incredible song written and performed by Mangere Collage students 'We Will Rise'. If you would like to listen to their song you can take a look here. 

For my song, I wanted to include all off my School values in my song, so without further to do, here is my song! (If you wondering my school values are Excellence, Perseverance, Community and Respect. This song chorus took a quite a long time to create, and I hope you like it! 

One more hing before you read it though, the bold words is the main parts of the chorus and the faded (not bold) words are the echo's. Here it is!


I hope you all enjoyed my blog post, can't wait for the next task!





(Part 2 - A few days later, after posting this)

Today, I finally got enough courage to post the video of me singing my song lyrics. I like singing (even though I am not good at it at ALL) but this style of singing I am not great at! Singing is not my passion or strength, but I gave it ago anyways, and I am not offended if you don't like it! Tell the truth! Do you like singing, leave you answer in the comments below, I will reply as soon as I see it! Anyways, here it is...




4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,

    Thank you for sharing your awesome lyrics for a song chorus. I really like the way you have included your school values in your lyrics - ka pai! What a wonderful school you must go to.

    I was excited to read that your video is ‘coming soon’... I’m really looking forward to watching the video!

    Keep up the great work.

    Ka kite anō,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Fiona,

      Thanks for your feedback!

      I hope you enjoy the rest of your Summer holidays, and I also hope you have a very Happy New Year!

      Mā te wā
      Hayley

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hailey. I am Kylah from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your song.
    I learnt that it had to be about your school.
    Please visit my blog
    here
    Mā te wā
    Kylah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kylah,

      Thanks for the feedback! I will take a look at your blog start after this!

      I hope you enjoy you Summer holidays!

      Mā te wā
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about