Monday 14 December 2020

YOUR Comments Count!

Today marks the start of the Summer Learning Journey for 2020-2021. To begin, I decided to complete one of the activities for week 1, 'Your Comments Count'. We started off by carefully choosing another students blog post, I chose a blog post written by Tumanaako @ Glen Innes school as I saw that they had made a catapult. I chose this blog post, not only because it sounded interesting, but I have created a catapult using marshmallows and skewers and wanted to see how they had created theirs.

This is my comment to Tumanaako...




Today from this task I learnt to include more, positivity, thoughtfulness and helpfulness. Along with double checking my work, making a connection if possible, including a greeting, sharing experiences/facts and information, and adding more punctuation. I can't wait to complete another SLJ task!




5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. It is awesome to see your first post of the summer and I look forward to seeing more as you participate in the Summer Learning Journey.

    This activity is great as it allows you to practice writing positive, thoughtful and helpful comments and it allows you to share your positivity with others. I found your introduction statement very helpful as you introduced the task, to write a quality comment and you introduced the blog post you were commenting on, it gave me some backstory to relate your comment to which allowed me to better understand your comment. I thought that your comment was beautifully written and checked all the boxes of a quality comment.

    All comments that are positive, thoughtful or helpful will receive points. Remember to submit a link to your published comment using this form. .

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,
      Thanks for the feedback! I tried to complete the form however my comment isn't coming up on their blog. So, I am having some troubles.

      Thanks again for the feedback,
      Happy Holidays!
      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley

      Delete
    2. Hi Hayley,

      Their blog may have some restrictions on who can create a comment, double check their blog tomorrow to see if your comment has posted and I will have a look!

      -Zana

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,
    This is a great way to start your Summer Learning Journey by connecting with others.
    Have you started the Nano Girl's Super Power challenge? I wonder what you will be making with all that stuff she wants you to collect?
    Looking forward to reading your blogs over the summer.
    Mā te wā
    Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Torrie,
      Thanks for the feedback. I have started Nano Girl's Super Power challenge and I have started collecting items from around the house.
      Have a lovely holidays!

      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about