Sunday 27 December 2020

Optical Illusions

 Today, I decided to try the Optical illusions task from the Summer Learning Journey. To start off with I thought that this task would be pretty simple and easy, however after I started drawing my illusion I found that it was a lot harder than it seemed! But, I tried my best and this is how my optical illusion turned out...

Is this tree projecting in or out?  
I made quite a few mistakes, which doesn't make the illusion as quite effective as it could have been. 

There are 3 main types of Illusions, physical illusions, cognitive illusions and literal illusions. 

Now, to explain what an optical illusion is, an Optical Illusion is something that deceives the eye that appears to be something else. Another explanation for an Optical Illusion is, a experience of seeming to see something which does not exist. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post! Once again sorry if the instructions aren't very clear, I can't wait for the next post! Have you ever drawn an Optical Illusion? 




7 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,

    Fiona here from the SLJ. It’s great to see all your blogs of the different summer learning journey activities. Ka pai! I hope you are enjoying the summer so far.

    What a fantastic optical illusion image you have created! I love the way you have created an illusion that links to Christmas. The way you have put together small green cubes to look like a tree is so clever.

    Your illusion certainly tricks my eyes - I can’t tell if the tree is projecting in, out, or both!

    Keep up the great blogging - I can’t wait to see more of your posts soon.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Fiona,

      Sorry for the long wait, I've meaning to reply for a long time, but I've been really busy! Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it!

      I hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays!
      And Happy new Year! Have you got any plans, or are you just staying at home?

      Mā te wā
      Hayley!

      Delete
    2. Mōrena Hayley,

      Thanks for your reply! I understand it can take a while to comment - this is a very busy (and fun) time of year!

      I am mostly spending the holidays at home, but will hopefully also travel up north to spend some time at our beach house.

      Happy New Year to you, too!

      Keep up the great blogging (-:

      Fiona (SLJ).

      Delete
    3. Kia Ora Fiona,

      Thanks for your forgiveness! How often do you go and visit your beach house? What kind of things do you do there?

      Anyways, Happy holidays and Happy New Year!
      Thanks again!

      Mā te wā
      Hayley

      Delete
    4. Mōrena Hayley,

      Happy New Year - I hope 2021 is going great so far!

      We only get to the beach house about once a year. When we are there, the best part is the beach is so close so we do lots of swimming, kayaking and building sand castles on the beach.

      Have you been to the beach much this summer?

      Keep up the awesome mahi!

      Fiona (SLJ).

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hailey. I am Kylah from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your optical illusion.
    I learnt that it was harder than you thought.
    Please visit my blog
    here
    Mā te wā
    Kylah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Or Kylah,

      Thanks for the feedback! I'll try and visit you blog after this!

      Happy holidays! Have you got any plans?

      Mā te wā
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about