Monday 11 January 2021

Giuseppe Arcimboldo

Today, I completed the Giuseppe Arcimboldo task on the SLJ website. This task was all about creating a collage of fruit and vegetables. To create my collage I used old magazines and newspapers lying around at home. I went through just about every magazine we own at home and cut out every picture of fruit and vegetable, along with words related to fruit and veges. I managed to fill up a whole page. Here's what the final product looks like...


I also made another collage or art piece, the second picture I created digitally online. I made an animal out of 2 cabbage leaves (for ears), a kiwi fruit for eyes), a carrot (for the nose), a chilli (for the smile), an eggplant (for the neck), and orange (for the body), and corn for the legs. 
I hope you like it and here it is... 
Comment below what you favourite fruit or vegetable is!









2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I think you introduced and explained the activity well and it is great that you mentioned Giuseppe and his art. I think that he was a very creative thinker and he had an awesome impact on the art scene.

    I think your fruit and veg art collage looks awesome and I can see how much effort you put into it, great job. I believe the activity wanted you to create a sort of portrait. You could use the apple as the head, a banana for a smile and some grapes for eyes. Something like that.

    Happy Holidays, Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Hayley,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey team. I just saw your amazing fruit and vegetable animal and wanted to say how much I like it! You have done such a fantastic job creating a very unique and groovy looking animal. I wonder if it would make a very good pet. What do you think? The cabbage ears remind me of the big, floppy ears of a bunny and the corn legs look nice and strong. I think your animal would be very fast at running!

    My favourite fruit is probably watermelon. I like the way they are really big, so I can cut them up and share them with my friends in summer. I am growing pumpkins in my garden this summer for the first time. I didn't even plant the seeds, they just started growing! Do you have any veggies in your garden at home?

    I’m really looking forward to seeing more of your awesome work over the summer.

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about