Monday 11 January 2021

Which Face Is Real?

Today for the SLJ, I completed a task about faces, and guessing if they were real or fake. I started off by playing a game called, 'Which Face is Real'. When playing this game, you get given 2 faces, and you have to decide whether which face is the real one. Overall, I got 9/10 questions correct. 

Then we were asked to take a screenshot of one of the questions we had, and add it to a Google Drawing to point out why we decided to chose that face over the other one. So, without further to do, here is my question and why I chose the face I chose. 


To Step It Up, we were asked to try out a tool on Google called reverse image search to see if it would help us find what face was real and which face was fake. To explain more about this feature, I have made a screencastify...
(I was having some problems inserting the video so to watch my video, here is a link)
And just another thing I would like to add that I forget in the video above, if your using the last way I showed you, it only works on Chrome. 

The very last step for this task was to, explain in our own words what we think the old saying "the camera never lies" so here is my explanation...

I think that the saying means that, words can twist and lie, but a photo tells the truth, or a photo captures a moment and when you look back on it, it brings back, emotions, feelings etc.

What do you think the saying means?

Here is one for you to solve, which one is real? 
Tell me in the comments! 







2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I think you did a great job with this post and that you spotted some great differences to prove which image is real and which is fake. It is also awesome to see that you guessed correctly and scored a 9/10 on the quiz, good job!!

    I would like to know if you had any more tips and tricks you used to tell whether an image is real or fake. Now your real or fake images look very tricky and I think they both look reasonably real but I am going to guess that the second image is fake based on the blurred background.

    Happy Holidays, Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,
    I find it really hard to work out which is real and which is fake. I only got 5 correct in the quiz!

    For your challenge I am guessing the one on the left is fake. The one on the right has 2 faces in it and they look complete. And the detail of the hand looks in proportion.

    I have never used reverse image search before and found your explanation enough to get me started. Thanks for that.

    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about