Tuesday 12 January 2021

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream!!!

The next Summer Learning Journey task is another Te Reo Maori task, this time about Ice Cream. What's your favourite flavour of Ice Cream? First, we started by making a copy and filling out a deck of slides, full of questions about ice cream flavours and how to pronounce them along with how much it costs. The deck of slides basically explains everything. 
So, here is my slide deck.

Next, for the Step It Up task we had to create an animation on Scratch of characters talking using words and sentences we learnt. I had some knowledge on who to use Scratch because I have used it in the past! I had so much fun doing this and I hope you enjoy my animation. (My animation is on the very last slide of the slide deck!) Enjoy!
(I'm terribly sorry about my screencastify, I am not familiar what so ever with Te Reo Maori, I don;t mean to offend anyone, sorry)

I hope you enjoyed it! Comment in the comments below, what your favourite Ice Cream flavour is! Do you like to have toppings on your ice cream? I had loads of fun doing this blog post and I can't wait for the next one! 



6 comments:

  1. Mōrena Hayley, Kiana-Marino here from the Summer Learning journey.

    I love the title of the post you are blogging about, what a way to get someone's attention! As for the work you have done, great job on working through the slide deck and the audio e hoa!

    Ko te ahikirimi reka ki ahau ko te tiakarite me te panana. My favorite ice cream flavours are chocolate and banana.

    Unfortunately i am unable to access your animation so i have requested access if that is sokay. Could you please change restrictions to “anyone with this link can view” I look forward to seeing what you have created.

    Ngā mihi,
    Kiana-Marino (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kiana Marino,

      Thanks for the feedback! I have now changed the access on the animation, so you can now take a look at that, thanks!

      Happy holidays, stay safe and well!

      Mā te Wā
      Hayley

      Delete
    2. Mōrena Hayley, good to hear back from you. Unfortunately I am still unable to access it. I have sent you a request so hopefully that can help you.

      Ngā mihi,
      Kiana-Marino (SLJ)

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,
    Your title was so eye-catching! IT made me want to read more.

    Great work on the slides! I have requested access to your video. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your work.

    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Torrie,

      Thanks for the feedback, I have changed the permission/access on the animation to "anyone with this link can view" so you can now access it.

      Happy holidays and stay safe!

      Mā te Wā
      Hayley

      Delete
    2. Hayley,
      Ka pai tō mahi! Well done for making this screencast and adding it in so we can all view it.

      My favourite ice cream is hokey pokey. I could it it forever! And no toppings required.

      Have you ever tried to make your own ice cream? I'm aiming to make feijoa ice cream this year.

      from Mrs Torrie

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about