Sunday 3 January 2021

Te Huarere

For this Summer Learning task, our two main focuses were... Te Reo Maori, and the weather. For a start we had to complete a deck of slides full of questions and activities, all about pronouncing "What is the weather forecast today?" in Maori and answering that question. Afterwards to Step It Up, we were asked to create a screencastify. So, without any further to do, here is my screencastify and deck of slides... 

What is the weather like where you live? Today, for me we had rain, cloud and sun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hayley,

    Great job on this activity, well done for correcting ordering the sentences.

    Another student asked me what my favorite Maori word was. I thought it was a great question. I'd love to know if you have learned a new word you use more often now?

    I must admit that I don’t know too many Maori words and only know a few complete sentences, so I’m enjoying these tasks too as I get to learn a bit as well.

    My favourite word might have to be “Pounamu”, pounamu is green stone or jade and it also means ‘precious’. My house at school was called pounamu and green’s my favourite colour. Our house motto was Ahakoa he iti, he pounamu: ‘Although Small, It Is Precious’.

    Do you have a favourite word?

    See you later in the comments,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about