Monday 16 December 2019

SPCA

The SPCA is a charity that rescues pets, get given pets by people who can't look after them and rehabilitate and make sure that animals find a good loving home. You can also report animal cruelty to the SPCA.We have adopted 2 female dogs from the SPCA our family's dog is Pepper or Peppa and my grandparents also have a dog from the SPCA and her name is Cindy, Cindy is a 3 legged dog. Both of our dogs are around the age of 3-5 yrs old. I think that the SPCA is AMAZING!!!! They do such a good job because just imagine all of them pets that don't have a home, that don't have love, pets get treated cruelly etc.       
The SPCA has horses, dogs, bunny's, cats, kittens, chickens, roosters and more! Have a look at the SPCA website and maybe adopt a pet...https://www.spca.nz/


This is Cindy






This is Pip aka Pepper



3 comments:

  1. Hello Hayley,

    Your post about the SPCA was very heart-warming. I agree that the SPCA is such a wonderful organisation - they do such great things for the animals within our country!
    I think that it is so cool that you and your family have adopted dogs from the SPCA, I have too! My dogs name is Amy, she is 10 years old now.
    If I get another animal in the future I will definitely support the SPCA and get one from there.

    I like that you have included photos in your blog post, it adds another element to your post for your readers to connect with.

    Thank you for posting!
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte,
      It's nice to know that we can relate with the SPCA is a great organisation and that we have both adopted a dog from there as well. What city was the SPCA in that you adopted your dog Amy??? Amy must be an old dog now. We adopted our dog from the Taupo SPCA because the shelter near us didn't have a small dog like the one we were looking for. I was thinking of adding some pictures of our 2 dogs instead of the ones on the internet. What do you think???
      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley :)

      Delete
    2. Kia Ora Hayley,

      I'm not sure what SPCA we adopted our dog from, because it was so long ago!

      My dog actually looks very similar to your dogs! What breed are they? Amy (my dog) is a Fox Terrier crossed with a Jack Russell.

      I think that your idea of adding photos of your two dogs instead of some off the internet was a great idea! Cindy and Pepper are so cute!

      Have you ever thought about volunteering for the SPCA when your are older? I used to and it was such a rewarding experience - I also got to spend time with heaps of animals!

      Ngā mihi nui
      Charlotte
      Summer Learning Journey

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about