Monday 23 December 2019

Treasure!

Today I was asked by the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) to list 3 things that I treasure in my life.

They list as . . .
Time & Freedom:
I treasure freedom in my life because I don't live any where near a big town or city. I can choose what I would like to do, of course I have to go to school but I am able to choose how to spend my time and I don't have as many risks like busy traffic and roads. Some things that I couldn't do in the city is . . . I also couldn't go trapping with my parents because we wouldn't live close to bush, go hunting, go camping out in the dense bush, feed lambs and calf's etc.
Family & Pets: 
I love my family because without them I would not be writing this blog post now. They have supported me, cheered me up when times are down and of course everyone's gotta do it yell and growl at me. But, this growling and yelling has helped me learn what is right and wrong, how to do this and how not to do this. My pets give me a laugh every time I see them. And especially my 2 pet dogs who always want a belly scratch and a cuddle.
Hobbies:
Photography is one of my hobbies and I think that it means a lot to me because when I get a really good shot of a flower, animal etc it makes me smile and then I just can't stop taking photos. Maybe it is more of an obsession? Another one of my hobbies is art, I always feel relaxed when I am doing art and I hardly get frustrated if I can't get it right! I just keep trying until I finally get the shape, texture, colour, shading that I am looking for.
What is your hobbies?
Do you have any pets?
What are your 3 treasures?

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    I enjoyed reading about the three things you treasure most in life, I like how you have chosen people and experiences as your most treasured things, rather than objects - very thoughtful and cool!

    It’s great that you can feel so relaxed and comfortable when doing art - I would really like to see some of your artwork! (maybe you could make a new blog post about it?)
    What is your favourite type of art to make/design?

    My hobbies include music and reading, but I also like to spend time exploring new places or going hiking!

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Charlotte,
    Thanks for your feedback!!! Yes, maybe I will consider creating a blog post about my art and photography. Great idea, thanks for that one!!! Do you like doing art and if you do what kind??? My favourite kind of art would probably be water colour painting, creating collages in my scrap book or drawing and colouring in.

    I also like doing music, reading, exploring and hiking plus some other hobbies, looks like we have some things in common.

    Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!!
    Are you going to go and see the fire works tomorrow for the New Year??? My family is. If you aren't going to see them have you ever watched fire works on New Years???
    Ma Te Wa
    Hayley :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about