Sunday 29 December 2019

Solo Sailor On High Seas

Name - Laura Dekker
Laura was the youngest female sailor to sail around the world solo when she was only fourteen in 2012. It was a 518 day journey through French Polynesia, the route that her parents had taken 20 years earlier. Today, Dekker holds the record for the youngest person to sail around the world by herself. She has made an impact on the world for inspiring people to achieve they dreams and just do it, your never to young!Image result for Laura Dekker"


image attribution - https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news-headlines/world-expeditionist-laura-dekker-named-godmother-hanseatic-inspiration

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    I am delighted to read the information you found on Laura Dekker - she seems like a very inspiring woman who follows her dreams!

    I noticed that you found out she actually holds the record for being the youngest person to ever sail around the world by herself, that is incredible!
    If you could break any world record what would it be?

    Keep up your blogging - I enjoy reading them and you will also increase your chances of winning one of our awesome prizes!

    Hei konā mai
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Charlotte,
      Thanks for reading my blog post!!! Yes, Laura Dekker does sound like a very inspiring person. I have no clue what record I would attempt to break, I will give that one a little think . . . Ummm, I would probably try to attempt a photography challenge or a travelling challenge. What would you try to break???

      I will keep up the blogging although I am finding some tasks a little hard and doing three a day is hard. I know that you don't have to do the three a day however I am doing them because I love learning new things etc

      Have a GREAT day and Happy New Year!!!
      Hayley :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about