Wednesday 11 December 2019

Athletics Day

Every year our school has an athletics day. I like participating in athletics because I like all of the categorises, I am not a very big fan of discus and shot put though. I really enjoy long jump, high jump and running. We do lots of events every year, which I try to blog about. We do many activities on athletics day like long jump, high jump, discus, shot put, sprints and running.

We were put into our age groups first, then we are taken off in our age groups to do different activities in a rotation. The 11 year old's (my group & I) were taken to sprints first, we lined up, Mr Knight said "take your marks, get set... GO!!" I ran all the way to the line at the end, I almost over took Liana but, she just bet me! We then moved on to high jump, the highest I could jump was 105cm (which is still pretty high!) Our next rotation took us to shot put then we moved on to ... Long jump, in long jump I jumped 3m something and I almost hit the wood at the end! We ran out of time on Tuesday so we didn't finish our last rotation but, we finished that the next day on Wednesday. Our last rotation was discus (the one I dread the most!)

I came 2nd in the sprints, 2nd in the 2 lap run and 2nd in the 3 lap run, 2nd in high jump, 1st or 2nd in shot put, 1st or 2nd in long jump and 3rd in discus. I had a super fun day, I can't wait for next years athletics day!!! My Dad took some pictures of me (Below)







2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,
    I am working as a facilitator in Tairāwhiti schools, like Mrs Torrie.
    What great action shots from your athletics day. Thanks for writing your reflections on the day. I liked the way you tald us about your feelings.
    Did you know you can add your images to slides and make the slides play automatically? You choose to play the slides and set how fast when you get the embed code.
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Krausse,
      Thanks for replying on my post, I really enjoy reading comments on my blog. Yes, I did know that you can add images to slides to make the slides play automatically.
      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about