Wednesday 11 December 2019

BFG

The BFG or Big Friendly Giant is of course a giant and is a humongous size, he also has humongous ears! The BFG's personalty is friendly and kind, unlike all of the other 9 mean giants in the story like... Fleshlumpeater, Manhugger, Bonecruncher, Childchewer, Meatdripper, Gizzardgulper, Maidmasher, Bloodbottler and the Butcher Boy. 

In the BFG they speak a language called Gobblefunk, Blabbersnitch means - a creature that lives under the sea, Buggles means - completely crazy, Crodscollop means - a mouth watering flavour - for example, the taste of chocolate ice cream, Goggler means an eye, Hornswoggler means - a very dangerous creature, Oompa Lompa means - a very small person - a tribe of them work in Willy Wonka's fantastic chocolate factory, Phizz Whizzing means - Brilliant or really, really good, Ringbeller means - The BFG's word for an amazingly excellent dream: the complete opposite to a nightmare, Splatch Winkle - Splatch winking means rushing around the house; in a hurry, Svollop means - To svollop something to destroy it, Time Twiddler means - A time twiddler is very special. Time Twiddlers -  are immortal; they live for ever and ever, Vermicious Knid - WATCH OUT! These beasts are vicious killers who can fool you by changing shape and Whoopsy Splunkers - Used to describe something absolutely marvellous. 



The BFG wears a white long sleeved shirt with a brown vest and a greeny grey shade of long pants and a pair of sandles. To Sophie he has a long sharp knife like nose and above the nose 2 bright eyes with arms as big as tree trunks. He also wears a black cape at witching hour. I think that the BFG smells like snozzcumber (whatever they smell like) because he seems to eat them a lot, however, I image that they smell unpleasant because to be honest they don't look very appealing or the other thing I think he might smell like is farts because of all of the frobscottle he drinks then all of the whizzpoppers he does. The BFG's main hobby is blowing lovely golden dreams, and nice dreams in to children's windows at witching hour through a trumpet. First he opens his suitcase and selects a dream to blow into that child's window then he opens a screw top bottle of dreams and pours it down the trumpet in the window then into the child's head.  
Image result for the bfg drawn image"
                                     image attribution: https://paintingvalley.com/d-tag/roald

                                           Here is the picture of the BFG & Sophie that I drew
                                   My with my drawing of the BFG & Sophie

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley

    This is Charlotte from the Summer Learning Journey program, and I am excited to see that you are participating in the teaser week activities! I really enjoyed reading your description of the BFG, your use of descriptive words really helped me to see who the BFG is and what he is like - he sounds like someone I’d like to be friends with!

    The BFG is a book written by Roald Dahl, have you read any of his other books? They were my favourites growing up! My favourite character from his books is Matilda - have you heard of her? Which is your favourite Roald Dahl character?

    I noticed that you added a picture of the BFG into your blog post, I was wondering if you could draw the BFG yourself and also include that?

    I look forward to reading your next blog posts!

    Kia pai tō rā
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Charlotte,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog post, I really appreciate it! I am glad that my describing helped picture the BFG. Yes, I agree, the BFG sounds like someone you would like to be friends with!

    I have read all of his books. I am currently reading the Harry Potter series and the Roald Dahl series (they are my favourite book series at the moment). I love all of there books and even though I have read the series they are so good I never want to put them down! Yes, I have heard of Matilda she my favourite character is Matilda as well!!

    Ok, I will update my blog post, I was half way through drawing the BFG and wanted to post the blog post about the BFG as soon as I could so I just added an image of him from Google.

    Have you ever read the Harry Potter books???

    Ma Te Wa
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley,

      I have read the Harry Potter series, I used to like to imagine that I was a witch at hogwarts - wouldn't that be cool! Maybe a bit too scary for me though.

      Thank you for updating your post to include the picture you drew of the BFG, it is an awesome picture and I really like all the details you have included!

      Thanks again, I look forward to reading some of your future blog posts.
      Charlotte

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about