Tuesday 7 January 2020

64 Grams!!!!!

Today my Nan was out in her garden picking summer fruits and strawberries. She was just going along the rows of strawberries when . . . she pulled back a leaf and there lays a MASSIVE strawberry! Nan went into her kitchen and weighed it, in the end it weighed 64 grams it is the biggest strawberry I have ever seen (and the reddest!!!) Have you ever found a strawberry in your garden that big??? Anyway, when my Nan came to show me she told me about about the town of Motu (where we live) and all about the history of Motu's strawberries. And AMAZINGLY they had massive strawberries like the one she found. 


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley
    I am working as a facilitator in Tairāwhiti schools, like Mrs Torrie.
    Wow, that is a big strawberry! I wonder if it is Motu or your Nan that makes the strawberries so big?!
    How did it taste?
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Krausse,
      Thanks for commenting, I really enjoy reading and replying to comments. Do you like strawberries??? What is your favourite food and fruit??? It tasted very sweet and juicy!!!
      Happy Holidays,
      Hayley

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hayley, I work with Mrs Krausse and Mrs Torrie too.
    Thanks for including the picture comparisons with your hand and the coin. Highlights how big the strawberry is! Reminds me of picking strawberries when I was around your age. It's wonderful that your Nan is sharing these stories with you too.
    From Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Grant,
      Thanks for commenting, I really like reading and replying to comments like yours! I am glad that this blog post (above) made you think of when you were my age you picked strawberries.
      Ma Te Wa,
      Happy Holidays,
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about