Tuesday 14 January 2020

Underwater Robots???

The Summer Learning Journey has challenged me to watch a video about  students in Nelson that navigate there Aquabots in and around a swimming pool collecting things. After we had watched the video we had to create a blog post saying whether we would like to have Aquabots at our school. Here is what I think about them . . . I think it would be quite cool to have Aquabots at our school because our school has a big swimming pool and we sometimes take part in creating, coding and driving robots. We go to a place in Gisborne called Mind Lab (which they have now changed there name, but I can't quite remember it). Anyway, they teach you how to do coding etc. Last time they were there we got to have a go at VR (virtual reality) head set, it was so cool!!! We chose a game we wanted to play, I chose a big roller coaster/water slide game. Have you ever tried VR??? Would you like Aquabots???

1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Hayley,

    I agree, having aquabots at your school would be awesome! I think that it is very cool how you enjoy and take part in creating, coding and driving robots. What are some examples of robots that you have coded/created/driven? What do they look like?

    If you could design a robot, what would it look like? What special features would it have - could it swim underwater or would it be a land robot? Maybe it would be both! If I could design any robot I would make it able to fly!

    I have tried VR and it was such a cool and interesting experience! I felt like I was actually inside the game! Do you often play video games? If yes, what do you play them on?

    Hei konā mai
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about