Thursday 23 January 2020

Tapa

The Summer Learning Journey challenged me to create a Tapa (A piece of art from places like Samoa, Tonga and Fiji). I had the chose to make my design on paper or on Google Draw, I choose to do mine using Google Draw. I started by drawing a Turtle out of shapes, then I added 3 squares  My class made Tapa designs last year, and so I understood how to draw some patterns, colours and shapes on my art. Have you ever made a Tapa??? Have you heard of Tapa??? Here is my art work. . . 


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    I had never heard of a Tapa before this task in the Summer Learning Journey Program! So I learnt a bit about making a Tapa by reading your blog post! Ka Pai on describing how you made your Tapa.

    I noticed that the picture you put on the Tapa that you made was a turtle. Why did you choose to design that? Are turtles your favourite animals? If not, what is? I really like how you have made your turtle out of many different shapes - awesome!

    What did the Tapa you made at school look like? Was it similar to this one that you have designed? What are the differences/similarities?

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about