Tuesday 7 January 2020

Random Act Of Kindness

The Summer Learning Journey challenged me to share a story of a random act of kindness that we did to someone. They also asked us to mention how everyone reacted and how it made me feel. I choose to do this act on my parents, here's what I did . . . My younger brother and I were home alone (but no big problem our grandparents live next door and come to check on us) While my Mum and Dad were away in town doing the shopping and getting new tyres on our car, me and my brother decided to mop, scrub and clean the floors, clean the 3 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom (okay let's just say the whole house). After we cleaned the house we made Nachos for dinner. When my parents got home they were very impressed (personally I don't think the house had ever been so clean!!!) It made me feel good and proud. Have you ever done something like this, a random act of kindness???

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    Your parents must’ve been very proud of you and your brother for cleaning the house and cooking dinner without having to be asked! What a great a of kindness, I’m sure it made your parent’s days a whole lot better to come home to a clean and tidy household. Did you have fun cleaning?

    I noticed that you said you cooked nachos, is that your favourite meal? Personally, my favourite dinner meal is Chicken Fettuccine (a type of pasta with a very yummy creamy sauce)!
    Do you enjoy cooking/baking? What is your favourite thing to cook/bake?

    Have you ever been in another situation that has made you feel both good and proud of yourself?

    Great job and I look forward to reading/watching your future blog posts!

    Mā te wā
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte,
      Yes, my parents were very proud of my brother and I. I had lots of fun cleaning because I like helping people with first aid (one of the reasons I currently attend St John youth cadets) chores etc.

      No, nachos aren't my favourite dinner but they are supper yummy!!! Do you like nachos??? I like pretty much anything that gets put in front of me, (my family is really good at cooking, especially my Nan because she runs the only cafe in Motu called the Motu-Vation Cafe open of Friday, Saturdays and Sundays) Plus my parents and other family have brought me up telling me to eat and enjoy anything on my plate. Is there any foods that you are allergic to or don't like. I LOVE cooking and baking, do you??? I couldn't list my favourite things to cook and bake because I just love it all and love food. Do you like cooking/baking??? If you do what do you like to cook/bake???

      Happy Holidays,
      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley:)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about