Sunday 19 January 2020

Dear Diary

The Summer Learning Journey challenged me to pretend that I have a diary. In our 'diary' we had to write about one extraordinary day. We could choose to make up an extraordinary day or write a short story about an extraordinary day that happened in our lives. Do you keep a diary? I choose to make my extraordinary day up. Here is my extraordinary day . . .  

Dear Diary, 

What an unbelievable day I had today. It all started when I went to the swimming pool. I was playing around in the toddler pool when I looked up and saw, you won't believe it, I saw a shimmering tail splosh into the water in the big pool. I rubbed my eyes and blinked. Nothing there, I told myself I must be seeing things. I went to the big pool just to make sure there was nothing there. I was swimming around the area I had seen the shimmering tail, when I spotted something glittery on the bottom of the pool. I dived down and grabbed it. It was like nothing I had ever seen before, what could it be? I was swimming back to the edge of the pool when I felt something strange happening to my legs. I was swimming quicker than ever. I went to jump out of the pool but I couldn't walk. My legs had turned into a TAIL!!!! What just happened???? I pinched myself, yes, this is real. It must have been a real mermaids tail I saw. It must be a glittery scale from her tail that I have found. I went for a swim with my new tail, swish, swish, swish went my new tail. Faster and faster I went. I was joined by the mermaid I had seen earlier, we raced beneath the surface darting here and there. It was so amazing. Then dear diary, I had to make the hardest choice of my life. Give back the scale and go on living as a normal person or keep the scale and live the rest of my life as a mermaid. It was a choice that had to be made and dear diary you know what I chose.





1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    I was delighted to read your diary entry! It was very creative, fun and exciting! It would be so cool to be able to have a mermaid tail and to be able to swim as fast as a mermaid. What do you think the best part of being a mermaid would be? I think that being able to breathe underwater would be the coolest part!

    Your diary entry reminded me of a T.V show that I used to watch. It was called H2O: Just add water. It is about 3 girls who turn into mermaids whenever they touch water! Have you seen it? What is your favourite thing to watch on T.V?

    Do you write often? You are very good at it! What is your favourite subject/thing to write about?

    Kia pai tō rā
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about