Sunday 5 January 2020

A Must Read Book

Today the Summer Learning Journey challenged us to write a book review.  I chose a book that I have read quite recently,  'Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse'. Here (below) is my review. . .
Follow the adventures of the little wooden horse as it tries to make money for it's maker but gets lost in the process trying to sell it's self, Escape from angry farmer Max, Goes to sea, Works in a coal mine, Sees the King, Runs a race, Works in a Circus . . . In the end the little wooden horse finds Uncle Pedar and they both live a happy life with a new addition added to them. 

I recommend this book if you are looking for a book that moves, you read quite quickly and if you like an Adventurous story.

2 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Hayley,

    I had never heard of the book ‘Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse’ before reading your post, but after reading your review I think maybe I should read it! My favourite type of books are adventurous ones, so this book sounds like it is right up my alley! What is your favourite genre of books?

    I noticed that you wrote about the Little Wooden Horse working at a circus! What did he do there?
    I think circus’ can be very cool! Have you ever been to one before? I like watching the trapeze artists - they are so talented!

    Ka mau te wehi!
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Charlotte,
      I love adventurous and thrilling books. Looks like we have something in common, we both like adventurous books!!!

      The Little Wooden Horse walked on the tightrope until he broke his leg, however I don't want to tell you to much about the book just in case you do read it.

      Yes, I have been to a circus many times before, I love watching all of the trilling moves so high in the sky above! They are very brave and talented!!!

      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley:)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about