Tuesday 21 January 2020

20 or 40 Hour Famine

The Summer Learning Journey challenged me to make a blog post and explain if I would do the 20 or 40 hour Famine. I had no idea what this 20 or 40 hour Famine was until I did a little bit of reading online. I found out that this Famine is a time to raise money for a charity, but there is a twist you can not eat for 20-40 hours. I think that I would do this because there are a lot of charities that need help to raise money and because I like helping the environment and world, I also like helping charity's. But, I would probably find not eating for over 20 hours a little hard, maybe I could have a big feed before? Who knows? Would you participate in the Famine challenge? Have you ever done it?  

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    The 40/20 hour famine is a great charity event, it raises awareness and money for people in need every year!

    I think that it is great that you enjoy helping out the environment and helping out charity’s, have you ever participated in a charity event before? Some examples are, Relay for life, Charity Marathons, Shave for a cure (and many more!).

    I have actually participated a couple times in this event, and the rules are actually slightly different to what you have written! The 40 hour famine started off with participants only being able to not eat for 40 hours but now you just have to give up something you love for 40/20 hours. This could be T.V., your phone, the car, anything you like! I hope this makes it easier for you to participate next time!

    Kia pai tō rā
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about