Tuesday 7 January 2020

Coding


The Summer Learning Programme challenged me to use this website called code.org. We had to complete some levels of coding and then do a small review about the website. Here is my opinion on this website . . .  

I personally would use this website again and again, I really enjoyed using it. I don't think that it's hard to use, but the thing I found challenging was the angles of shapes. I think that you could make some really cool designs using this tool. Have you ever used code.org. or another coding website like this before???

I managed to film a small clip of the making of my coding picture. Down below is my clip . . . 






Here (below) I just couldn't help myself and create a google drawing, transfer my screenshot on to the drawing and use shapes to colour my picture in. My picture is supposed to be a night sky with stars over Egyptian pyramids. 








4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,
    I love the way you have got excited about the Hour of Code. I have used this website too. I can find coding dangerous - I start and find it hard to stop! So much fun.
    Your google drawing is very effective - it looks like I am looking at the night sky through a window.
    Do you think you will do more drawing on hour of code?
    I had a play and after signing in (with my google account) I could share my coding creation.

    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Mrs Krausse,
    I really enjoyed using this tool and I think that I would use Hour Of Code again because as I said it's really easy to use. Yes, indeed it does look like you are looking through a window. WOW!!! Your creation is pretty good, well done!!!

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Hayley,

    The scene you created on code.org is awesome! What made you choose to code that design? I think that it’s great that you enjoyed the program and that you would recommend it, I might have to give it a try!

    I have never used code.org before but I have used some coding sites such as scratch, have you heard of it? I think that coding is so much fun!

    I really like how you included a screenshot of your coding design coloured in - it really brings your design to life!

    Have you ever seen a pyramid in real life before? I haven’t but I would really like to, I think that it would be such an interesting experience being able to see one up close!

    Hei konā mai
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte,
      I have no idea what made me choose that design I just started making shapes and then I looked at it and saw that I could make the triangles at the bottom into pyramids.

      Yes, I have used Scratch before and I really like using it! How did you find out about it? I found out about it when a friend of mine recommended to me.

      No, I have never seen a pyramid up close before but I would love to see one.

      Happy Holidays
      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about