Tuesday 14 January 2020

Outside Games, Inside Games, Games Are Lots Of FUN!

The Summer Learning Journey has challenged me to list my favourite games and how to play them. I choose 2 games that I play with my friends and family a lot, they are called 'Game Of LIFE' and 'Park 'n' Shop'. Have you ever heard of these games??? Here is how you play them  . . . I was lucky enough to get the 'newest' version of the game LIFE for Christmas from my parents. I have added some videos (below) to explain about the game . . . 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNBsYUHCiGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhAZZPIqvQg 





Image result for life game board






Image result for park n shop game

Park 'n' Shop is a multi player shopping game where players select the same number of shop cards, the more you select the longer the game, you then drive your car to the parking lot and walk to the shop. The aim is to be the first one to complete all your shopping and get home again. Along the journey you will receive pedestrian and motorist cards when you land on selected squares, these cards usually add another shop to your list, send you to jail or the movies. What are your favourite games to play???

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hayley,
    I have been on holiday and have returned to work to see all the blog posts you have written throughout the holidays. What an achievement!

    I have never seen these 2 games let alone played them. When I grew up we played lots of board games as we did not have TV. My favourite game was Ludo.

    As we grew up our parents taught us card games and my favourite card game was Cribbage. I haven't played them for many years and don't think I could teach anyone else to play them as I have forgotten the rules.

    Mā te wā
    Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hayley,
    I haven't played either of these games. The Game of Life looks like fun. A 'beautiful forehead' competition!
    The game we play most in our family when we get together is Settlers of Catan.
    It is a strategy game and my daughter usually wins!
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Hayley,

    The games you chose sound very cool! I also really enjoy playing the Game of Life! I actually own the pets version of the game - which means that you can own pets during the game (either cats or dogs), what version do you have? I have even seen a version of the game where you get electronic credit cards to buy your stuff with (houses and other payments).
    I have never heard of Park ‘n’ shop, but it looks very cool and sounds fun and interesting!

    I like how you included pictures of both of your favourite games, as well as a brief description of how to play the games - it really helped me to understand what you were writing about more!

    One of my favourite games is the same as Mrs Krausse’s! Settlers of Catan - you should check it out! Another one of my favourites is a classic - Cludo. It is a murder mystery game, have you played it before?

    Mā te wā
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about