Saturday 4 January 2020

A Face Printed On A $10 Note

Today the Summer Learning Journey asked us as one of our many tasks this summer to chose a New Zealand women to replace the picture of Kate on the $10 note (pretend). Personally I would keep Kate Sheppard on the $10 note because she inspires me because of her great attitude to keep persevering and achieve what you want to achieve. Anyway, her is who I would choose to put on the 'new' $10
note . . . Joy Cowley because she has made such a contribution to children's literature and as a small child I loved reading her books. In my first year of school my teacher, Mrs Close, read Mrs Wishy Washy to us every morning, because it was her favourite book to read as a teacher of young children.
If I didn't chose Joy I would probably chose someone like Jean Batten because of her bravery when flying many solo flights. I even made a $10 note for them using there faces . . .
Who would you chose to put on the $10 note???

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Hayley,

    I think that it’s great that you like having Kate Sheppard on our $10 notes and I agree, her great attitude and perseverance is very inspiring!

    What a good idea to have Joy Cowley on the $10 note! I noticed you mentioned her Mrs Wishy-Washy books, were those your favourite? I liked her Greedy Cat series! If you were to write a children’s book, what would it be about?

    I agree that Jean Batten would also be another great choice to but on the $10 note! She was so brave and didn’t let anyone stop her from achieving her dreams.

    WOW! The new $10 notes that you designed are so cool and creative! What website/app did you use to create these? Were they easy to make?

    Ngā mihi maioha
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about