Wednesday 15 January 2020

A J Hackett

Today the Summer Learning Journey challenged me to choose a scientist, technologist, or inventor who you think has changed the world. I choose A J Hackett, the inventor of bungy jumping. I don't know what made me choose him, however I have always wanted to go bungy jumping so maybe learning about the inventor won't hurt. Here is a little information about 
him . . . 

Name: 
A J Hackett

What they have do/done to change the world: 
Invent bungy jumping. Bungy has always been a life-changing experience. It began with a small group of people in Vanuatu. They fearlessly threw themselves from huge towers for centuries with only just a few vines around their feet. They called it ‘land-diving’, and legend says that it started when a mistreated wife threw herself from a tall tree, saving herself with the vines while the husband fell to his death. 

How it made an impact on others lives:
This made an impact on others lives by letting them experience a thrilling and breath taking moment. Providing an exiting event to do on holiday or add to your bucket list.

Have you ever heard of A J Hackett??? 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Hayley,
    You are braver than me. I DO NOT want to do bungy jumping! I really don't like that free fall feeling.
    I do think AJ Hackett is incredible in the way he has made bungy jumping such an adventure tourist attraction. I know lots of people come to NZ to do it.
    Best places to jump in the world.
    NZ is right up there. If you like that sort of thing!
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Krausse,
      Thanks for commenting! If you don't like the 'free falling' feeling do any of your family and friends like the falling and bungy jumping idea?
      Ma Te Wa,
      Hayley

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Hayley,

    I had never heard of AJ Hackett before reading your post but it sounds like he was a very interesting man. Bungy Jumping is very fun but there is a lot of science behind how it all works and how to make it safe so AJ Hackett must’ve been a very smart man.

    I think that Bungy jumping would be so cool! I think that it would be heaps of fun feeling the wind rushing past you! If you could go bungy jumping anywhere in the world, where would it be. Personally I would go somewhere in New Zealand because, just like Mrs Krausse said, some of the best places to bungy jump and here in New Zealand.

    Ka Pai on your work! I am looking forward to reading your next post.

    Hei konā mai
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about