Tuesday 7 January 2020

My Role Model

The Summer Learning Journey has challenged me to list my favourite role models. We are only supposed to list one, but I couldn't help myself and listed two. Here they are . . . Zoe van Wijk and Ellen Ball. I choose these two people because they go to my St John youth division and inspire me to keep going and get to the level of first aid they were/are at. 

Ellen is AMAZING at doing drill (drill is where we line up in ranks of 3 and we move on command by a leader.) She is always inspiring me to get better at doing drill. Zoe on the other hand inspires me to go to camps, competitions, get better at leadership and get awarded special awards and. These two girls are great!! 

Who inspires you???

2 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Hayley,

    Zoe and Ellen definitely sound like great role models to have and it’s great that they make you want to work harder to get to the places you want to be!

    I noticed that you wrote about how one of things your role models inspire you to do is to go out and experience new experiences with your St John’s team, this is so cool! It is important to take the most out of the opportunities you are given and it sounds like you role models inspire you to do this! What is the best camp you have gone on before? And what is your favourite thing you’ve done while out on camp?

    Do you think you are a role model for anyone?

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Charlotte,
      I have only been on one camp before, and that was in Napier at the start of last year. I really want to go on camp again this year. You have to do a lot of caregivers, first aid and drill training. Because when we go on camp we do a competition and we get ribbons for 1st place. My team got 2 first places last year. Have you ever been on a camp with a competition??? My favourite thing to do on camp was having a 'girl party'. We were is cabins and my cabin was all girls and girls about my age - Zita, Lea, Michaela and me. We had brought some skittles while in town at the competition when we got back we had lot of fun throwing, eating . . . with skittles.

      I might be a role model for someone???? I might be a role model for a little girl at school and she doesn't live far away from me, her name is Layla. Everyday she gets me to give her and her little sister Harper a carry. They also have a little brother called Lochie who I carry around.

      Ma Te Wa
      Hayley

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about